Tips on Brochure Design
- Brochures should fold down to or be no larger than 4" x 9" with a minimum height of 7".
- Use good quality paper of adequate weight so brochures stay upright without folding over in displays.
- For best visibility, make sure your most important promotional message is positioned in the top one-third of the brochure. This is the portion most clearly visible in displays. Put the message at the top of the back of the brochure as well, so if a visitor places it back in the display facing the wrong way, it still conveys your message.
- Highlight what is unique about the offering from your attraction, activity, restaurant, event, or other product or service.
- While your information should be comprehensive, present it in a way that is easy to read. To gain the attention of visitors, use short paragraphs with headers, bullet points rather than lengthy text, and captions with your photographs.
- For seasonal and time-sensitive events, give your opening/closing dates and hours of operation.
- Use colors that contrast well and check that your message is legible.
- Consider adding a QR code to direct potential customers to a specific website or page within your website.
- If you use a tracking mechanism, it should be visible in the top one inch of the brochure. Consider using a dollar value (e.g., $5 off purchase of $50). "Free gift" does not work well as an effective tracking mechanism.
- Always highlight your address and the easiest ways to get to your location.
- Provide your full contact details, including a phone number, email address, website, and physical address.
- Magazines and booklets can be accommodated--contact us for details and rates.
- Plan on supplying 1,000-3,500 brochures per month per schedule. Be sure to print adequate supplies. There are economies of scale in printing, so overestimate your requirements. Because shorter print runs are more expensive per brochure, the main reason to consider opting for smaller print quantities is if you intend to change your message from time to time, perhaps on a seasonal basis.
- Clearly mark boxes of brochures with name and quantity.
- Contact us if you're interested in discounted rates via our printing partner.